Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Continuity Strategy
Monday 23rd March 2020
Due to the on-going Coronavirus (COVID-19) Global Health Pandemic, Rapier Systems Ltd and its associated business CabledIT Ltd would like to provide some assurance to customers, partners & suppliers relating to how we as businesses are dealing with and plan to deal with this unprecedented situation for the foreseeable future.
Health & Wellbeing within the office environment
- Any staff member who can work from home has already been offered the chance to do so. Where possible and practicable, IP / mobile phones and laptop computers have been provided to allow work to continue from within the home.
- Any staff member with underlying health conditions have been strongly advised to work from home.
- All staff members attending the office are working at the recommended safe distance of at least 2 metres apart.
- Hot water and soap are provided at every toilet facility within the business premises.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at each employee’s desk / workspace.
- Hand sanitiser is also provided at the main entrance and reception desk for delivery personnel and those receiving and delivery to ensure they can clean their hands before / after.
Health & Wellbeing outside of the office / at customer sites
- In the first instance, customers will be asked if any site work is deemed to be urgently required during the current health emergency.
- Where possible, all operational staff will be encouraged to leave to travel to a customer site from their home and proceed directly back there upon completion of site works if visiting the company store / warehouse is not required.
- Our site operational staff generally work in teams of two, for health & safety reasons, so from today they will work in the same teams of two until further notice.
- Staff have been dissuaded from shaking hands with anyone, for the time being.
- If either of the team present symptoms, they will adopt the current 7-day minimum self-isolation period, and we will instruct the other team member to start a self-isolation period of 14 days, in-line with government guidelines.
- All company vehicles are equipped with hand sanitiser gel and wipes, allowing our staff to maintain highest possible levels of hand hygiene whilst remote from the office.
- Social distancing guidelines of 2 metres will be maintained whilst on-site as much as is practicably possible.
Visitors to our Premises & Customer Site Meetings
- During the emergency period, non-Rapier Systems / CabledIT personnel will not be permitted access to our buildings unless in an emergency or without prior approval, however goods will be accepted in the normal manner, bearing in mind our hand hygiene standards.
- Attendance to customer site meetings have been cancelled until further notice. Video or Telephone conference calls can be conducted where possible.
- All business travel whether inside or outside of the UK has been cancelled until further notice.
- All non-essential travel to or between sites has been cancelled until further notice.
Existing Customer Support
- Please continue to log support calls in the usual manner, using any of the following options,
If any questions arise from these statements, please contact your line manager if you are a member of staff or the relevant person below if you are a customer or supplier.
Commercial / Sales Queries (Rapier Systems / CabledIT)
Richard Watson – Managing Director
0345 299 6171
Technical / Operational Queries (Rapier Systems)
Stuart Wilson – Technical Director
0345 299 6171
Technical / Operational Queries (CabledIT)
Alastair Donaldson – Operations Director
0345 299 3803
Finance / Accounts Queries (Rapier Systems / CabledIT)
Vicki Wilson – Business Manager
0345 299 6171